Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Mama Update

So everyone may be wondering what the heck is going on with Holdy G...well here goes. On Wednesday the 17th we switched doctors once again and found a pediatritian in Fargo who actually seemed to have her head on straight. She ordered up some basic allergy tests (which involved me holding the poor little boy down while they took blood..horrible) and took a swab of one of the spots on his arm. From here they told me to keep the appointment with the Pediatric Allergist in December, they would call me with results of the testing they did today and she would see holden back in 3 weeks.

Today is the 23rd and I got a call from the Doctor this morning with a few results. Here goes..the basic allergy test came back and Holden is allergic to Dairy/Soy, Wheat and Eggs. Wow what to do now..they moved his appointment with the Allergist up to Thursday and will do some more testing. I don't really know what the future holds for his food intake but I suppose that we will figure that out on Thursday.

I will be sure to keep everyone up to date with what is going on.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What in the world will the boy eat? Rice ... rice ... rice ... sounds exciting! Well, at least now you have a place to start. I will keep praying for you, Holden! You too, Mom and Dad!
Love you guys!
Great Aunt Janna

Nana said...

We talk about Holden often and are hoping that this is the beginning of solving this affliction for him-and Mom and Dad. Keep us posted. We are very interested in hearing about his progress.
Sue and Neal and the Kato Kids

Williams Family fun Times said...

Wow I feel very bad for that poor baby, but on the other hand I am so happy someone is trying to do something for him(those rotten doctors!). Now that you know about his allergies I know things will start looking up for him.It will be hard (I think) for you to not be able to feed him the things you want, but at least he can still eat the most important things fruits, vegetables and meats. Keep your heads up! You guys are doing a better job than I would in your positions.
Lots of love to you guys!
Missy